The real challenge is outside the Academy

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One thing that Bea, Christian, and Apple, the latest expelled Scholars of Pinoy Dream Academy Season 2, have in common is that a lot of intrigues have been thrown at them while they were still inside the Academy. Now that they are back in the real world, they are more than ready to clear all the issues.

Bea easily got the attention of PDA viewers with her strong presence on screen. Some think that the girl from Alabang is highly opinionated and pro-active while others think she’s bossy and snobbish. The perception might have been borne by her tiff with Laarni in their first few weeks inside the Academy.

What does she have to say about this?

“I am misjudged to be unfriendly because of the way I look but I’m really friendly. I am used to dealing with people from all walks of life and I am not the type who judge people based on where they come from,” she says.

What about the misunderstandings she had with Laarni?

“It was a matter of adjusting. I must admit that it wasn’t easy to get used to her but I can honestly say that I like her for who she is. It just took a while for me to adjust but when I finally did, it was easier to reach out,” Bea says matter-of-factly. She also adds that from the very start, she has utmost respect for Laarni and her talent.

What’s the status of her relationship with Miguel?

“Miguel and I are in an open relationship, which means that we have each other for support. What we have is both romantic and platonic because we acknowledge the fact that we can’t commit [to each other] full-time because we still have dreams to chase,” she explains.

Christian made quite an impression on the viewers for his largely undeveloped talent. Besides proving himself, the 25-year-old Hero channel dubbing talent also had to cope with several issues inside the Academy. One of these was the departure of his two closest friends, Ross and Jet.

How did he feel when Ross and Jet left?

“I was really scared at first because everybody had a group inside the Academy. I instantly clicked with Ross and Jet because we were the oldest Scholars, so when they decided to drop out, I found myself alone. I was hesitant to hang out with the other Scholars because I was afraid that they’d find it intrusive but they were the ones who welcomed me with open arms. I was sad that my two closest friends left the Academy but the other Scholars made it easier for me,” he explains.

Christian was also one of the Scholars who had a fight with Laarni. The two had a misunderstanding while preparing for an assignment for movie/TV director Jose Javier Reyes, who is a resident mentor.

How did he settle the problem with Laarni?

“I’m not the type to bear grudges. After our misunderstanding, I reached out to Laarni and we actually got really close. She became one of my best friends inside the Academy and while I was still there, I confided in her,” he intimates.

Among the three, Apple is the one who had the most intrigues thrown at her. The 19-year-old Cebuana proved that she can be friends with everybody but some questioned her intentions, especially about Miguel.

What does she have to say to the people who think she is trying to steal Miguel from Bea?

“Miguel and I are just friends and Bea is my Scholar best friend. The three of us have always been tight and after Bea left, Miguel and I just carried on with the friendship that we have,” she explains.

Did she get the chance to talk things out with Bea?

“Actually, I was with Bea and her family the day after I was expelled. For us, there’s nothing to talk about because we know the real score. Miguel and I are just friends and Bea knows that,” she insists.

How about the baby talk that some viewers find irritating?

“I baby talk because Mommy Bunny finds it funny. She misses Daddy Chivas and Jether so much and whenever I baby talked, she was amused and temporarily forgot about her longing for her family. I just wanted to help Mommy Bunny deal with being away from her family,” she says.

0 comments: